Call Us Today !
LIGHT FIXTURE CLEANING
It is important to take some time to regularly clean all of the metal light fixtures in your home, both on the inside and outside. It is easy for most homeowners to see there is a problem inside the home with dust and grime, but then they forget to handle some of the fixtures on the outside of their home. Cleaning these outside lights will help provide better outside lighting and can enhance the curb appeal of your home.
Hiring a professional to help with cleaning your outdoor fixtures can help save you a lot of time. That is why at Carmel Outdoor Lighting, we can help get this work done. Some of the steps we can utilize to help clean your outdoor lights include:
- A safety check: We start off by turning off the circuit breaker to all of the outside lights. We also need to have the indoor lights that go to any of your outside lights turned off too to help us be safe.
- Next, we will bring out a step ladder next to the fixture so we have easy access the whole time. This is also a good time to put on protective gloves, just in case something gets missed during the first step.
- Now we can remove the light bulbs. This is done to make it easier to clean the inside of the light fixture without missing spots behind the light bulb.
- We have a number of tools that help us clean up the area around the light fixture. We can use something like a paint brush to get rid of the dust, bug debris, and spider webs. Then we will take off all of the shields or decorative globes or anything else that you have on the fixture, placing them on something soft so they will not get wet.
- Fill up two buckets with hot water, adding liquid soap to one bucket and keeping the other one free of anything.
- We can then go through and wash out everything, first with the soapy water and then with the regular water to keep things clean. Once those are dry, we can use a liquid polish or paste wax on the metal surfaces to get them nice and shiny.
- To end, we will use glass cleaner to shine all of the glass panes and then wipe off the bulbs with a little damp cloth before putting them back into the light fixture.
Once everything is in place, you should instantly notice a big difference in the light quality of your area. while you could do some, or even most, of these steps on your own, having a professional do it can save time and a lot of hassle.
At Carmel Outdoor Lighting in Carmel, IN, we can help you clean off all of your outdoor fixtures. This is a time consuming process that is not easy to complete, but our professionals can come in and get the work done for you. Whether you have a lot of these outdoor fixtures or just a few, contact us today to get started.